Any free applications for starters/personal use?

Taras

08 Mar, 2016 09:46 AM

Dear Sirs,

I am looking for a project management programme to manage my personal (non-commercial) projects. The problem is that I have never used advanced PM software before, and it is difficult to choose between different options. You product was recommended in a number of websites, but the price is still quite high if you live in a low-income country outside the US. A free trial is a good thing, but one month seems to be too short to understand whether the programme would fit my needs in the longer term. In fact, I am looking for a PM software exactly for long-term planning, as I can easily manage my short-term tasks on a sheet of paper.

That's why I wonder if you ever considered creating a free/cheaper product for home/personal use. What I would personally like to have is a 1 to 5 users (for families), 5 to 10 projects, and probably without personalised user support (but with some video tutorials of basic functions).

Alternatively, a 3-month trial would be enough for a beginner to get acquainted with the programme and to decide whether to use it in the future. I assume that for home/personal users a PM sowtware would become essentially a part of their life and a satisfied user would likely to become a lifetime user, which would easily justify the 3-month trial free of charge.

Kind regards,

Taras

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 08 Mar, 2016 07:20 PM

Thank you Taras

OK we will discuss both extending the free trial length and offering a free version.

We used to have a free version (3 projects) but we found there was a lot of unnecessary support required - ie people asking basic questions which they could have found in the KB... I guess we could have ignored them but we didn't want to be rude ;-)

OK we'll think about it

Best wishes

John

2. 2 Posted by tronkablog on 08 Mar, 2016 09:23 PM

Dear John, thanks for reply! More kudos to Dooster for the swift feedback!

Kind regards,

Taras

---- On Tue, 08 Mar 2016 21:20:12 +0200 John <[email blocked]>wrote ----

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 Aug, 2019 04:40 PM
12 Aug, 2019 09:02 PM
05 Aug, 2019 08:24 AM