feedback about the ability to set different colors

Vegard

31 Jan, 2015 03:23 PM

Hi there, I opened an account now and set up projects for my different companies:

I have some feedback:

- I like very much the ability to set different colors to set the projects apart.

- It was a bit difficult to find the project settings to change the colors (it was mentioned in the welcome sequence, so it was the first thing I was looking for after creating the first project and tasks); I had to first click the wrench, then the gear in the list of projects, then choose project appearance. Not easy. Later I discovered that "project settings" next to the project title takes me straight there...

- So I would recommend that you include a link to settings, or in general a quick overview of the interface in the intro sequence, e.g. highlighting the different icons and showing their tooltips.

- For the preset color schemes, it would be great if the default task colors (background and foreground) changed also, and not just the frame, icons and buttons. Now I had to do that manually, and to me the task colors are more important than the other stuff (though that is also very practical in order to easily know which project I am working on).

- I would also like to have more "skins", especially with light background on the toolbar at the left and top. My logo is black on a transparent background and hardly visible. Also, I know that this style is popular, but you can argue that it is less "heavy" with a lighter color on the toolbar rather than a dark color.

Finally, I would like more colors on the presets, or even the option to choose the base color from the color palette.

SUMMARY

- Choose light/dark toolbar

- Choose base color scheme from palette

- Once base color is chosen, a suitable task background and foreground is set automatically in addition to the icons/frame/buttons

- Color palette therefore needs to be a 2D slider actually, since the brightness and black level needs to be decided by the system.

- Keep the current system for manually changing presets, of course.

- Have a link to the project settings in the "create project" popup window

- In the 1-2-3 tour, include a highlight of different icons with tooltips (doesn't have to be all of them, just the most important and those that are easily missed)

- Finally, I would like to see that the dashboard task list sorting is default by due date, not by whatever it was now (created date?). Created date is not important, due date is.

That's all for now after the first 20 minutes of setting up projects and clicking around.

Thanks !

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by ed on 31 Jan, 2015 07:07 PM

Thank you Vegard. Great idess.

We will discuss this in the team.

Best wishes

Ed

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

04 Jan, 2018 10:48 AM
13 Dec, 2017 12:24 PM
16 Nov, 2017 10:46 AM