new subscriber

carol

24 Feb, 2014 11:10 PM

I have been working in a demo version, but want to create an actual account. Can you confirm my account is active and not in demo mode? I want to be sure everything I created in demo mode will be moved to an actual account.

Second question: rather than emailing people each time I create a task for them, I'd rather have them be able to go to Dooster and see the whole dashboard - or the big picture. How do I do this?
thanks.

1. 1 Posted by carol on 24 Feb, 2014 11:12 PM

awaiting further discussion

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by John on 25 Feb, 2014 09:51 AM

Hi Carol

Thank you for your questions (and apologies for the delay in responding).

I have been working in a demo version, but want to create an actual account. Can you confirm my account is active and not in demo mode?

I can see an account "Carol" with your email created on 13th Feb. This is not a "dooster demo" account - but perhaps you've been using it as a demo?

I want to be sure everything I created in demo mode will be moved to an actual account.

If you create a new account then your data won't be moved automatically. However we could import it to the new account for you but you'd need to send us a CSV file. Please see https://dooster.tenderapp.com/kb/basecamp-import-migrating-your-dat...

Second question: rather than emailing people each time I create a task for them, I'd rather have them be able to go to Dooster and see the whole dashboard - or the big picture. How do I do this?

They can do either. You can tell them to login to check their stuff. Or every time they get an alert it will include a link to login to Dooster - where they will see their dashboard and all the projects they are involved with.

Hope that helps. Please don't hesitate t let us know if you'd like more information

Best wishes

John

3. 3 Posted by Carol on 25 Feb, 2014 04:16 PM

John - thanks for your reply.

I continue to receive emails that my Dooster demo account is about to expire which leads me to believe I've been importing all my "stuff" into a demo account. I'll take a closer look at the link you provided to find out how to move everything over. If I can't do this before the trial ends, my data will be lost , correct?

Carol Hutchings, HTCIA Executive Director
    3288 Goldstone Drive
    Roseville, CA 95747
    P: 916.408-1751
    F: 916.408-7543
    [email blocked]
    www.htcia.org
    www.htciaconference.org

Join us in Austin, TX - August 24-27 for the HTCIA International Conference & Training Expo

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by ed on 25 Feb, 2014 05:06 PM

aah OK I get you Carol ;-)

This is easy. Simply start paying and all your info will remain in the account

To start paying log into your account and as / when you get blocked by a notice saying " You need to pay.. click here etc" simply click on that link and enter your card details when instructed

(I'll spare you the details of what we thought you were asking before ;-) Apologies for the confusion

Many thanks ed

5. 5 Posted by Carol on 25 Feb, 2014 07:39 PM

Hi John - thanks for your reply. If I just want them to have access to my dashboard instead of getting lots of emails with links to Dooster, what login credentials would my people use?

3288 Goldstone Drive
    Roseville, CA 95747
    [email blocked]
    www.htcia.org
    www.htciaconference.org

Join us in Austin, TX - August 24-27 for the HTCIA International Conference & Training Expo

6. 6 Posted by Carol on 25 Feb, 2014 10:40 PM

John - sorry to be a pain in your side, but just one more question and I should have a good grip on this:

My initial question:::
    >Second question: rather than emailing people each time I create a task for them, I'd rather have them be able to go to Dooster and see the whole dashboard - or the big picture. How do I do this?

Your response:::
    >They can do either. You can tell them to login to check their stuff. Or every time they get an alert it will include a link to login to Dooster - where they will see their dashboard and all the projects they are involved with.

HOW DO THEY LOG IN TO CHECK THEIR STUFF? WHAT LINK DO I GIVE THEM AND WHAT LOGIN CREDENTIALS DO THEY USE?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

3288 Goldstone Drive
    Roseville, CA 95747
    [email blocked]
    www.htcia.org
    www.htciaconference.org

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by John on 25 Feb, 2014 10:55 PM

Hi Carol

No pain / no problemo ;-)

OK I think I answered your question re logging in already - please see the other ticket.

Now, re them getting emails: at the moment if you assign someone a task they will get an email. We are changing this soon to have an option whereby you can opt in or out of sending the assigned an email - this should be ready within a couple of weeks - it's scheduled for 3rd March.

Meanwhile If you really don't want them to get an email then perhaps you could set them up with a false email (ie edit their profile?

Sorry I cant be of more constructive help with this at the moment. But ask me if you think I can be...

Thanks John

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac