subtasks

kurt.anderson79

16 Aug, 2013 01:00 AM

Hi,
I'm impressed with Dooster, but I don't see subtasks. Have I missed them? I find it very helpful to jot down a task when it comes to mind, then break it down later into pieces.
Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by kurt.anderson79 on 16 Aug, 2013 01:08 AM

I guess I have to think in terms of "task lists" in place of what I used to consider to be tasks? So my pre-Dooster "tasks" need to be created as "Task Lists", so that my "subtasks" can now be created as "Tasks"? Seems like too much thinking to start out with. Can I convert a Task into a Task List?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by John on 16 Aug, 2013 01:30 PM

Hi Kurt

Thank you for your question.

guess I have to think in terms of "task lists" in place of what I used to consider to be tasks?

Not really. While the hierarchy is Projects / Task Lists / Tasks you also have task dependencies which are de facto subtasks.

What I do is quickly write ideas / notes etc on the fly using the top "Add Task / Note" etc field - that's at the top of every screen. I will save that "task" and then later can go in and break it into smaller tasks - either in the same task list or as dependent tasks. (I usually open a new window to do this - but that's probably too much detail just now ;-)

You can read about dependent tasks here https://dooster.tenderapp.com/kb/more-features-extras/dependent-tasks

and this quick section on nested tasks may be of interest aswell https://dooster.tenderapp.com/kb/about-dooster/nesting-tasks

Hope that helps

Thanks again

John

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

04 Jan, 2018 10:48 AM
13 Dec, 2017 12:24 PM
16 Nov, 2017 10:46 AM