Library folders

Janine

06 Jul, 2012 02:12 PM

Hi there,

I will be uploading lots of documents to the library and would like to be able to organise these into folders, instead of just allocating them to a project. For example, I would like a 'meeting minutes' folder to quickly access these, instead of trawling through pages of uploads. Is this possible?

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 09 Jul, 2012 09:20 AM

Hi Janine

Firstly: Our apologies that we didn't see your question sooner and took this long to reply.

To answer your question: yes that is something we are working on and will be changing soon. We aim to have a drop down of projects / folders which you can click on to see all files tagged with that project / folder.

Watch this space !

Thanks for your question Janine

Bets wishes

John

2. John closed this discussion on 09 Jul, 2012 09:20 AM.

3. John re-opened this discussion on 09 Jul, 2012 09:21 AM

4. 2 Posted by Janine on 09 Jul, 2012 11:42 AM

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. The drop down menu for library folders sounds great. Do you think it would also be possible to be able to tag according to 'task lists' as well as for projects? Just a thought...

Thanks!

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by John on 09 Jul, 2012 01:01 PM

Interesting idea Janine

At the moment, the only way files are associated with lists is when they are uploaded via a task (Tasks being attached to a list)

Within the project files sections there isn't a way to seperate files by task lists...

But it might be possible. We'll think about it

Can you say more about why you'd need it like that? ie vs simply creating more folders / projects to put files into (aaah I guess you'd save money ie not need as many projects;-)

But any other reason?

thanks John

6. 4 Posted by Janine on 10 Jul, 2012 08:17 AM

Hi John,

Haha! Nothing to do with the money saving!

With our projects we have lots of very busy people involved in multiple projects using different PM tools, so when they log in to find a document I just wanted it to be really easy to find. At the moment when we log into the library page the only way of browsing for the desired document is to look at the project it is allocated to. Our documents have lots of initials and dates (can be confusing) so if there were folders (or dropdown menus) this would facilitate the search.

Maybe you already have something that could help with this problem, I just haven't found it yet?

Thanks for the support!
    Janine

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by ed on 10 Jul, 2012 09:58 AM

Thanks Janine ;-)

well we do a have a search feature in the library. That should help.

It picks up even part names of the files - I use it a lot

So I'm thinking that the best approach is to have a projects / folders
    filter. Allied with the search that should work fine

Thanks for the feedback !

8. 6 Posted by Janine on 10 Jul, 2012 03:08 PM

Hi Again,

The library function has been helpful, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to pick up anything flanked by _ underscores _, or dates (in the format 12-05-12 for example, it doesn't pick up the '12' or the entire '12-05-12'). Maybe we just have crazy file names?!

But thanks again, just wanted to say this is great support and also a great PM tool!

Janine

9. Support Staff 7 Posted by ed on 10 Jul, 2012 03:24 PM

Hmm yes you are correct. Sorry about that

It picks up part names of files IF they're not flanked by _ underscores

and the dates are an issue too as you say

Ok will try to fix it so it picks up dashes and underscores

Thanks for letting us know Janine

Best wishes

ed

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

17 Oct, 2019 11:06 AM
12 Aug, 2019 09:02 PM
05 Aug, 2019 08:24 AM