Prevent user from deleting a task

Nicholas Dodaro

27 May, 2015 06:00 PM

Hello- as a regional manager, I want to be able to assign a task to a local manager to complete. I want that manager to be able to mark the task as "complete" when it is done. BUT, I have found that in giving the local manager "edit" rights that allow them to mark a task as "complete", the manager is then also able to completely DELETE that task (even before completing it) and it disappears from my task list without warning or notification. Essentially the task vaporizes and can not be tracked as deleted, completed, not completed, and is no longer on that user assigned tasks list either. Is there a way to prevent that?

Thanks!
ND

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 27 May, 2015 06:10 PM

Hi Nicholas

Sorry. Once a task is deleted it is totally gone.

But only an Owner / Coordinator or Project Manager can delete a task.

http://dooster.net/wp/tasks-basics/tasks-deleting/

and see information on permissions here http://dooster.net/wp/knowledge-base/people-permissions/

Thank you

John

2. 2 Posted by Nicholas Dodaro on 27 May, 2015 06:26 PM

John,

Thank you - but, I have found that Team Members can also delete tasks, and that is what is causing me some heart burn. For example:

[cid:[email blocked]]

The above team member can delete a task entirely. He is not an owner, coordinator, or project manager. He was merely assigned the task as at team member.

That deleted task, which I have tested twice today with two differen team members, does not show up on “assigned” or “activity log” for those users either.

Does that make sense?

ND

N. Dodaro

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication. In addition, this document may contain information covered under the Privacy Act, 5 USC 522(a), and/or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (PL 104-191) and its various implementing regulations and must be protected in accordance with those provisions. Healthcare information is personal and sensitive and must be treated accordingly. If this correspondence contains healthcare information it is being provided to you after appropriate authorization from the patient or under circumstances that don't require patient authorization. You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner. Redisclosure without additional patient consent or as permitted by law is prohibited. Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality subjects you to application of appropriate sanction. If you have received this correspondence in error, please notify the sender at once and destroy any copies you have made. This e-mail is informational only. It is not intended for diagnosis and treatment of any health condition, nor is it a substitute for in-office, professional medical advice. In addition, the absolute confidentiality of this e-email cannot be guaranteed.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by ed on 27 May, 2015 07:38 PM

Hi Nicholas

That seems to be a bug. We're looking into it

Thanks ed

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by ed on 27 May, 2015 07:40 PM

PS sorry Nicholas. I cannot see that image

Can you take a screenshot of the people screen in that specific project and send it to me here indicating which user deleted the task

Thanks ed

5. 5 Posted by Nicholas Dodaro on 27 May, 2015 08:33 PM

SCREEN SHOTS OF GRANT FIELDS. HE WAS ABLE TO DELETE TASKS.

THX.

N. Dodaro

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication. In addition, this document may contain information covered under the Privacy Act, 5 USC 522(a), and/or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (PL 104-191) and its various implementing regulations and must be protected in accordance with those provisions. Healthcare information is personal and sensitive and must be treated accordingly. If this correspondence contains healthcare information it is being provided to you after appropriate authorization from the patient or under circumstances that don't require patient authorization. You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner. Redisclosure without additional patient consent or as permitted by law is prohibited. Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality subjects you to application of appropriate sanction. If you have received this correspondence in error, please notify the sender at once and destroy any copies you have made. This e-mail is informational only. It is not intended for diagnosis and treatment of any health condition, nor is it a substitute for in-office, professional medical advice. In addition, the absolute confidentiality of this e-email cannot be guaranteed.

6. 6 Posted by Nicholas Dodaro on 27 May, 2015 08:35 PM

Screen shots attached.
    Grant fields can delete tasks.
    Let me know what else you might need..thanks!
    ND

N. Dodaro
    This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication.  In addition, this document may contain information covered under the Privacy Act, 5 USC 522(a), and/or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (PL 104-191) and its various implementing regulations and must be protected in accordance with those provisions. Healthcare information is personal and sensitive and must be treated accordingly. If this correspondence contains healthcare information it is being provided to you after appropriate authorization from the patient or under circumstances that don't require patient authorization. You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner. Redisclosure without additional patient consent or as permitted by law is prohibited. Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality subjects you to application of appropriate sanction. If you have received this correspondence in error, please notify the sender at once and destroy any copies you have made.  This e-mail is informational only.  It is not intended for diagnosis and treatment of any health condition, nor is it a substitute for in-office, professional medical advice.  In addition, the absolute confidentiality of this e-email cannot be guaranteed.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by ed on 27 May, 2015 09:39 PM

Thanks Nicholas

Just to be sure: Can you also take a screenshot of the project / people screen

ie open the project "Jax testing..." and click on the people tab

also please confirm "Jax testing..." is where the task that was deleted belonged.

Thanks

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by ed on 28 May, 2015 11:42 AM

It's OK Nicholas we found the bug

whilst it is impossible for the user to delete a task with those permission levels through the task edit window unless they are an owner, co-ordinator, project manager or created the task ... owing to a bug they could delete the task from the dashboard using the right click dropdown.

Fix implemented and deployed.

thanks for your patience

Best wishes

Ed

9. 9 Posted by Nicholas Dodaro on 28 May, 2015 11:47 AM

Awesome!! Thanks.

Nicholas Dodaro
    Crucial Care

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 Aug, 2019 04:40 PM
12 Aug, 2019 09:02 PM
05 Aug, 2019 08:24 AM