Filtering or Reporting on a Task Status

mhannay

15 Feb, 2015 11:32 AM

With all the recent changes with Dooster could you please explain if and how I can do the following:
Currently when we finish a task we change its status to: Complete.
Then when we've invoiced the client for this work, we change the status to a custom status of: Invoiced
My question is... How can I create a report of all those tasks with a status of Complete (but not Invoiced), and I'd like these Completed tasks grouped by Project, so it's easy to see which client to invoice.
If this isn't possible can you please add this to your 'to do' list, as it must be something that users will find very beneficial, otherwise why use custom statuses!
Many thanks for your help.
Mike

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 15 Feb, 2015 03:26 PM

Hello Mike

Thank you for your suggestion.

I'm not sure if you're saying you could do this before the recent design changes?

John

2. 2 Posted by mhannay on 15 Feb, 2015 06:17 PM

Hi John
    No, I've always wanted to do this and never been able to work out how! My hope was that you could explain how I could do this. And that if it wasn't possible before... then since the Dooster changes, hopefully it is now.
    To be able to do this would be so very very useful.
    Thanks for your considered help.
    Mike

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by ed on 16 Feb, 2015 09:41 AM

Hi Mike

Filtering by Task Statuses can't be done on "Global Tasks / Combined Projects Overview screens"* because they are project specific. However you can filter by task status within a project eg go to "Project Overview" or "Project Task Lists" and use the filters.

I would consider using tags... or moving tasks to new task lists and/or projects depending on paid / unpaid and then using the filters.

Hope that helps

ed

4. 4 Posted by mhannay on 16 Feb, 2015 10:03 AM

Hi Ed
    Thanks for the advice.
    Two questions...
    1) So, just to confirm, if I create a tag called 'To be invoiced' for every task I create, can I then (e.g. at the end of a month) do a global search which will show me, by project, all those tasks with that just that tag? That way I'l be able to see, in one go, all completed tasks that I can invoice for. To me this seems such a basic (obvious) requirement.
    2) If the above is possible, once I've created all invoices, can I carry out a global tag change to rename the tag 'To be invoiced' so it becomes 'Invoiced'. That way I won't pick up these tasks at the end of the following month when I next do the invoicing.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Mike

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 Aug, 2019 04:40 PM
12 Aug, 2019 09:02 PM
05 Aug, 2019 08:24 AM