Journal Facility on Dooster

Sol

26 Nov, 2014 12:53 PM

I've been trying out Dooster and find it very useful particularly because of the comprehensive integrated features it offers.

JOURNAL
One feature it does not appear to offer is a Journal facility
(Please correct me if it does exist and I have yet to discover it)
I find when working with projects that keeping good notes - both of events and ideas, is essential.
Another app I am trying out is Goals on Track and they have a very good journal with rich text formatting etc.
Is this something you intend to add to Dooster?

FILES/ATTACHMENTS
Another area I find frustrating is (and I may be doing something wrong here) that any files I upload - if select a file to refer to, instead of the file opening, I am given the option "where would you like to download the file to?' -
Why am I not able to open a file internally and refer to it.

Those are the two things I am finding frustrating, otherwise it's very well designed and useful.

Thanks
Sol

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 26 Nov, 2014 10:06 PM

Hello Sol

Thanks for your comments - and apologies for not responding sooner.

To answer your questions:

JOURNAL One feature it does not appear to offer is a Journal facility... keeping good notes - both of events and ideas,

To be honest I'm not totally sure what you mean by that. What I do re keeping good notes of events and ideas, is to use task themselves - esp. the emailing into tasks feature which means I just jot stuff down on emails and send them in at any time - see http://dooster.tenderapp.com/kb/tasks-advanced/creating-tasks-by-email

There's also the discussions feature in each project http://dooster.tenderapp.com/kb/more-features-extras/discussions

Please let me know if and how these features don't do what you need

FILES/ATTACHMENTS Another area I find frustrating is (and I may be doing something wrong here) that any files I upload - if select a file to refer to, instead of the file opening, I am given the option "where would you like to download the file to?' -

Hmm I don't see this message. But any file you open on any pc or mac - on almost any programme such as email - would need to download in some way before you can open it... so perhaps there is some setting on your local machine which makes this look a bit awkward?

Please do let me know how opening a file on Dooster is different from for example an email attachment... Here's a great way to do that http://dooster.tenderapp.com/kb/tips-and-tricks/heres-a-great-way-t...

Thanks again for your comments

Best wishes

John

2. 2 Posted by Sol on 27 Nov, 2014 09:55 AM

Hi John
    Thanks for replying to this

What I was wondering was if there are any plans for rich text which could include images alongside text.
    For example - if I do email in a note to one of my lists, if it includes an image, the image only appears as a URL, and if any of my text is formatted eg different font or colour, that also doesn't show.

I'm quite a visually oriented person and like the ability to have text and images together.

In the meanwhile I will try using the other methods you suggest and see how well that works for me.

Thanks
    Sol

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by John on 27 Nov, 2014 10:08 AM

Hi Sol

Yes we could introduce rich text - if we get enough requests. (So far we haven't had too many for that).

However, even if / when we do, I'm not sure emailing in would automatically reproduce the format of fonts or even the image...

Thanks John

4. 4 Posted by Sol on 01 Dec, 2014 02:00 AM

Hi John,
    Emailing it in isn't a big issue, it's more the rich text.
    I'm going to carry on using Dooster to see over time if it works well for me.

Your quick and helpful responses to my questions definitely earns Dooster extra stars in my book.
    Thanks
    Sol

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by John on 01 Dec, 2014 11:08 AM

Thank you Sol ;-)

If you have any suggestions at any time please let us know (ideally using Jing - but whatever you're comfortable with)

Best wishes

John

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 Aug, 2019 04:40 PM
12 Aug, 2019 09:02 PM
05 Aug, 2019 08:24 AM