Saving, Viewing and Uploading Files

denisehudson

21 Aug, 2013 03:38 AM

Hi,

I am sorry I have looked for this but must not be looking properly.

a. Is there a feature where I can create sub directories in a project and the library to save files into rather than just see a long list of files?
b. Is there a way that my people can simply view a file without downloading it onto their PCs?
c. What permission do I have to assign members of a project which will allow them to download a file, make changes to it and (re)upload the file into the project?

Cheer

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 21 Aug, 2013 09:14 AM

Hi Denise

Thank you for your question.

a. Is there a feature where I can create sub directories in a project and the library to save files into rather than just see a long list of files?

We don't have sub directories as such. However here are a few "workarounds to make files easy to locate:

In the main "Library" section you can use the drop down to find files by project

There is also a direct link to each file - so you can send this to your team to make it easy for them to find a file. (Find this link in the library).

We also a have a search feature in the library.

Files can be attached to Tasks. You can use the task tagging feature to effectively tag the file.

If you still want sub directories we could build these. But we'd need a fairly clear "spec' ie exactly what / how / where etc they should work.

b. Is there a way that my people can simply view a file without downloading it onto their PCs?

Sorry. Not a file on Dooster. However you can use the direct links to externalfile services which might not require downloads to view their files. (Please see https://dooster.tenderapp.com/kb/files/sync-with-dropbox-evernote-g... for this feature)

c. What permission do I have to assign members of a project which will allow them to download a file, make changes to it and (re)upload the file into the project?

Please see https://dooster.tenderapp.com/kb/files/who-can-see-the-files

Hope that helps. If anything is at all unclear please don't hesitate to let me know

Best wishes

John

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

17 Oct, 2019 11:06 AM
12 Aug, 2019 09:02 PM
05 Aug, 2019 08:24 AM