Missing info

Jim Cross

16 Feb, 2016 06:06 PM

Just about all out inputed info such as tasks are gone. Help please.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 16 Feb, 2016 06:10 PM

Hi Jim

Sorry to hear that.

Please tell me more.

• Is this a new account?

• How many tasks have gone - approx

• and how did you create them?

John

2. 2 Posted by Jim Cross on 16 Feb, 2016 06:13 PM

Relative new account. We had around 30 to 40 task that are gone with the exception of mine and I am the owner. One person created the task and assigned them to different people.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by John on 16 Feb, 2016 06:20 PM

Thanks Jim

That's very odd... All our test accounts are working fine.

If you are syncing w Google you should be able to see the tasks in your Google calendars (ie one calendar = one dooster project)

however and they have been deleted in Google that would erase them from Dooster...

Maybe start by checking that...

Thanks John

4. 4 Posted by Jim Cross on 16 Feb, 2016 06:33 PM

I don't think Google is the issue. Is there anything you can do to look into my account to see what is going on. I want to continue with Dooster but I need to have confidence my info is stable.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by John on 16 Feb, 2016 06:51 PM

Hi Jim

OK I had a quick look at your account settings. I see you have google sync turned on.

As I said you should be able to see the tasks in your Google calendars (ie one calendar = one dooster project)

however if they have been deleted in Google that would erase them from Dooster...

Please start by checking that...

2) The only way tasks can disappear is if they have been deleted (has anyone in your team possibly done that?)

Thanks John

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by ed on 16 Feb, 2016 08:43 PM

Hi Jim

Just checking in on this - and sorry to hear about the issue.

Have you made any progress at your end?

(There really don't seem to be any issues at our end...)

Something else that might help is is did you activate the daily email / back ups for your projects?

Best wishes

ed

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by ed on 17 Feb, 2016 11:33 AM

Hi Jim

One of our coders checked this:

"There's nothing untoward showing in the logs or the test accounts. It's actually very difficult to delete a task in Dooster, really only the following scenarios that can make it happen:

• Task is manually deleted in the Edit window (most people hit 'complete' instead)
    • Task is manually / group deleted using the checkboxes
    • Tasks are deleted in a shared account
    • The tasklist containing the tasks is deleted (this will wipe the tasks within it as well)
    • Likewise deleting a project will wipe the tasks contained within it
    • They are deleted via Google sync. Again for a task created in Dooster to get deleted, the user would have to manually delete the task in their Google calendar.

I'd suggest the last two are the most likely candidates (barring a team member's action) ie we're on the right track with the questions to the client. There isn't too much we can do unfortunately without knowing a bit more info, like - roughly when were the tasks deleted, did they all disappear at once and were they all part of the same tasklist / project and is that gone too? Also double check he's not using account sharing."

Jim please let me know if this is still an issue which we can help with at our end.

Thanks ed

8. 8 Posted by Jim Cross on 17 Feb, 2016 02:53 PM

Problem solved. Task were being deleted instead of being marked complete. Thanks for the help and the follow up.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by ed on 17 Feb, 2016 03:26 PM

No problem Jim

We're considering removing the ability to delete tasks - it's caused issues in the past aswell. Please let me know if you have any particular views on that.

ed

10. 10 Posted by Jason on 17 Feb, 2016 06:21 PM

Impressive support. Good to see that. Just want to say I wouldn't remove the delete option.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 Apr, 2018 10:10 PM
18 Apr, 2018 02:00 PM
19 Feb, 2018 06:28 PM