E-Mail notifications problem

info

24 Mar, 2015 10:29 AM

Hi Dooster,

it seems my webprovider has somehow messed with the dooster notifications. I used to be able to receive them all without fail... and suddenly they stopped? Did somehow change on dooster's side of things, or is my webprovider the problem?

my email address is [email blocked]

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by ed on 24 Mar, 2015 11:59 AM

Hi Kieran

Sorry to hear that

I have just sent a test email to that email. Did you get it?

Best wishes

ed

2. 2 Posted by info on 24 Mar, 2015 01:07 PM

Hi Ed,

I received your test email… [email blocked]

but perhaps it’s the auto-notifications address that causes the trouble? as they are still not arriving

BR,

Kieran

On 24.03.2015, at 12:59, ed <[email blocked]> wrote:

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by ed on 24 Mar, 2015 03:18 PM

Hi Kieran

what types of notifications are going missing?

ed

4. 4 Posted by info on 24 Mar, 2015 04:21 PM

Hi Ed,

at the moment I can’t even log in for some reason, so I hit the ‚password recovery‘, type in [email blocked] and hope it comes with a dooster recovery email, but nothing arrives?
    Can you tell me the exact email address that dooster would use to send a recovery email or if it sends an email to remind me of a job.

My account is called ‚givenmedia.dooster.net‘… and my email address is [email blocked]

I could perhaps try and ‚whitelist‘ the dooster email at my ISP.

BR,

Kieran

On 24.03.2015, at 16:18, ed <[email blocked]> wrote:

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by ed on 24 Mar, 2015 05:06 PM

Hi Kieran

The password recovery email would go back to your original sign up email

However please note we dont have any record of an account with that [email blocked] email as owner

I see that you signed up for an account today. However you used a different email

Email: [email blocked]
    Account name: kierangiven

what types of notifications were you getting before at [email blocked] ?

6. 6 Posted by info on 24 Mar, 2015 05:09 PM

Hi Ed,

was the account deleted do you think? It was under [email blocked]
    but it was reachable under: http://givenmedia.dooster.net/

Can you look at see which email address is the admin at http://givenmedia.dooster.net/

it should be [email blocked] I might’ve changed it, because I was having problems signing in?
    I opened the [email blocked] account today to test if I could receive emails under my gmail.com account?

BR,

Kieran

On 24.03.2015, at 18:06, ed <[email blocked]> wrote:

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by ed on 24 Mar, 2015 05:26 PM

Sorry but we dont have any record of an account with that name and/ or email so i assume it was deleted (Please note it would have been deleted by you or your colleagues - not us).

You should be able to trace the welcome emails etc in your email system. This would show you the email and account name. I suggest you do a search for [email blocked]

Ed

8. 8 Posted by info on 25 Mar, 2015 03:04 PM

Hi Ed,

I can still see the account at givenmedia.dooster.net and a staff member called peter can still log in and see his tasks and projects. so there has to be still an account at http://givenmedia.dooster.net but somehow it won’t send me a ‚password recovery‘ email. Even though it says it’s sending me a ‚email‘ to [email blocked]

if i enter a different email address, I get the message that the system doesn’t recognise the email, so [email blocked] must be still on there.
    Could it be that it’s on a ‚beta server‘ still?? as I was one of the first to ever sign up with dooster, a few moons ago?

BR,

Kieran

On 24.03.2015, at 18:26, ed <[email blocked]> wrote:

9. 9 Posted by Peter Murray on 25 Mar, 2015 03:33 PM

I can confirm that I can log into http://givenmedia.dooster.net without problems. I am getting email notifications as normal and a reset password message if I initiate a forgotten password request.

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by ed on 25 Mar, 2015 03:38 PM

Thank you Peter.

@Kieran. How big a deal is this? ie why after a few years do you need this access? Im asking because it takes time and effort to look into this. Why is it suddenly an issue now?

Ed

11. 11 Posted by info on 25 Mar, 2015 03:42 PM

Hi Ed,

I’ve got about 30 active projects on there… which serves as a log of all our projects and Peter has all his time charts on there.
    I wanted to bring a new customer of ours into the dooster system last week.

It’s a big customer who has 100 staff… and currently are using nothing for complex project management.
    I wanted them to be part of our dooster so as to coordinate the web work and diverse projects we have with them.
    I was thinking that once they get used to using dooster, they’ll want to keep using it and open their own account directly.

But for us as a very small company, we really appreciate dooster’s ability to host our projects and time charts.
    Peter is in Turkey and I’m in Germany, so it’s a vital link between us and our joint projects.

BR,

Kieran

On 25.03.2015, at 16:38, ed <[email blocked]> wrote:

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by ed on 25 Mar, 2015 03:51 PM

OK thanks Kieran I understand

So first we need to make 100% sure that [email blocked] is the correct email

Please do a search for "Welcome to Dooster" and see who the email was to

OK?

thanks ed

13. 13 Posted by info on 25 Mar, 2015 04:02 PM

Hi Ed,

I found it. 14th of July 2010: to [email blocked]

> Dear Kieran Given
    >
    > Thank you for trying out Dooster
    >
    > Congratulations. You have just taken the first step to a more organised life.
    >
    > To activate your account, please click this link
    >
    > http://givenmedia.dooster.net/account/confirm_email/03f20ec0a5197d85e65396e9bed867dab8b5d7fc/
    >
    > Here is your log in info:
    >
    > log in page: http://givenmedia.dooster.net/account/login/
    >
    > username: givenmedia
    >
    > password: rossgier
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Customer Support
    > Dooster.net

On 25.03.2015, at 16:51, ed <[email blocked]> wrote:

14. Support Staff 14 Posted by ed on 25 Mar, 2015 07:02 PM

Great

OK I have sent you an email to [email blocked]

Please follow the instructions there

Thanks

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 Apr, 2018 10:10 PM
18 Apr, 2018 02:00 PM
19 Feb, 2018 06:28 PM