Team Member unable to upload file after successfully uploading a few - not over file limit

Bonita

03 Oct, 2013 04:33 PM

She says, "It was going great, but when I try to upload the second file now I get a box that pops up saying I have to select a file as I'm actually uploading the file. Any way around this?"

This has been happening since yesterday. She has tried:
Changing browsers
Opening and closing browser
Is now attaching file to an e-mail and sending to the address provided on our site.

Tks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 03 Oct, 2013 04:52 PM

Hi Bonita

I'm very sorry about the problem

Even though you have tried to detail it all so carefully, to be honest I'm not sure exactly what the issue is

Can your colleague please do a quick and easy JING video of the problem. This will show us precisely what the issue is and save a lot of back and forth

It's free and very easy to use http://www.techsmith.com/download/jing/

The whole process to getting an on screen video done takes less than minutes

Thanks John

2. 2 Posted by Bonita Peterson on 03 Oct, 2013 05:16 PM

I'll forward her your e-mail so she can click on your link if she hasn't worked around her problem yet.

I am having a pretty serious issue. I am the owner with 18 firms as team members. Each time I start a new project, I want to include the same people - and perhaps delete same later. Right now I want all the people included on every new project. I read the dooster article on project templates / cloning and have tried to use the example of creating a task in the "mother project" and choose "Everyone" as a Task watcher. I set up this dummy task, included a deadline and set up "everyone" as watcher. Then when I created the new project I clicked "Use an existing project as a template" but the "People" were not in the new project. I did this several times and I'm sure our team was getting e-mails since they were watchers. (Pretty embarrassing).

I need to know what I'm doing wrong - or how I can start each new project with our team "people" being included. This is a major stumbling block for us because I don't want to manually invite every person to every new project.

Can you help?

Thanks.
    Bonita

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by John on 03 Oct, 2013 05:32 PM

Hi Bonita

Sorry about that. There is a bug with project templates carrying over people and we'll fix that asap

But I'm a little puzzled about the process you're using ie

creating a task in the "mother project" and choose "Everyone" as a Task watcher. I set up this dummy task,...

why the dummy task? Why not invite everyone once into the mother project then simply make a template from that project?

Just sayin...

thanks John

4. 4 Posted by Bonita Peterson on 03 Oct, 2013 05:39 PM

I do have a mother project and everyone has been invited. I'm trying to use this mother project as a template for other projects with the same team "People". That is what I can't get to work. This is based on dooster's article here http://dooster.tenderapp.com/kb/projects/project-templates-cloning - Even though I have everyone "watching" those people are not copied to the new project.
    Bonita

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by John on 03 Oct, 2013 05:46 PM

OK that's the bug.

We're fixing it but it wont be ready for a few hours

Meanwhile some good news is that I don't think anyone would have been emailed.

Repeated apologies and thank you for your patience Bonita

John

6. 6 Posted by Bonita Peterson on 03 Oct, 2013 05:55 PM

W O N D E R F U L ! ! ! Thank you. I'll try again in a few hours.

In the meantime, our team member who can't upload the files has given up. She is uploading the files to her dropbox account and will try to use the dooster link so it will show up in our project files. (She was a bit harried and didn't want to install another program to get a screen capture.) She’ll also use our ftp site since we both use a PC with Windows. I’m hoping no other team members have this problem. Here’s her error message. This appears after the file has already started to upload.

cid:[email blocked]

Thanks for your quick responses. I really appreciate it.

Bonita

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by John on 03 Oct, 2013 06:24 PM

Thanks Bonita

Yes using the link to the file in Dropbox or Google etc is just as good. Once you use that there's no real point in having the file in dooster aswell.

Best wishes

John

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by John on 04 Oct, 2013 10:28 AM

Hi Bonita

We're still working on the template bug. It won't be too long

Re the file issue: one of the team checked this and reported back:

I can see in the screenshot the user hasn't selected a file. (Where it says "Locate you file" next to the Browse button it says "no file selected")

I suspect she might be choosing a file from the dropdown list at the bottom - ie the "Or select a file from project files" and hitting upload.

Hope that explains it

Thanks John

9. 9 Posted by Bonita Peterson on 04 Oct, 2013 02:21 PM

Thanks, John. I'll never know the answer. She uploaded her files to our ftp site and I uploaded to dooster. I appreciate the quick response. If you know when the template bug is fixed, please let me know - or I'll just keep checking.
    Bonita

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by John on 04 Oct, 2013 02:37 PM

Hi Bonita

Sorry I meant to say It was fixed about 3 hours ago
    Our coder said

As for the existing project created before this change, the users can (and will) appear anyway when the task or tasklist containing the tasks is edited.

So i think its should work for you if you simply edit the task or tasklist containing the tasks

But you might want to start with a new project just to be sure

Repeated apologies for te bug and thanks for reporting it

John

11. 11 Posted by Bonita Peterson on 04 Oct, 2013 03:03 PM

John,
    It worked for me. I assume this project template will show up in all of the team's dooster pages as well since they are team members of the template project - but that's insignificant as this will really lessen the time to create each new project. Thank you for your assistance.
    Bonita

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by John on 04 Oct, 2013 03:29 PM

Hi Bonitta

I assume this project template will show up in all of the team's dooster pages as well since they are team members of the template project

Yes but only if they have any tasks assigned or watching in that project

Thanks

John

13. 13 Posted by AtmovaGaiva on 09 Dec, 2013 03:01 AM

8趷

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

19 Feb, 2018 06:28 PM
04 Jan, 2018 10:48 AM
13 Dec, 2017 12:24 PM