I am wondering if there is any way that people can amend files stored on Dooster without having to download them, make the changes, then upload the file again.
The below is the current scenario I have.
I have compiled an Excel work book which is our Risk Register.
· The workbook has several sheets each with the same information but each sheet is for a particular project.
· Each project is assigned a Director responsible for that Project.
· I need to have the Directors responsible for each project complete the risks for their project in the appropriate sheet.
· As the Risk Register needs to remain as a complete work book to cover show and manage ALL risks, the workbook must stay intact. In other words I cannot have separate Excel files for each project.
· Is it at all possible for the Directors to fill in their sheet and save the workbook directly back in the Dooster library from where it comes?
I don’t have enough time to have all the Directors send me back their sheets, then me compile them into the workbook and then resave. The register will/should be updated constantly and I just cannot do that amount of work. Also, if the Directors download, make their changes and do not upload the file, then the management of risks cannot be effectively managed as information will be missing. Whereas, if the workbook could be saved directly back into the Dooster library as it is changed by the Directors it would save a whole lot of work and have the Risk Register always in real time.
John on 14 Aug, 2013 09:36 AM
I would suggest you use Google docs (renamed a while ago to G
Basically you store the file(s) in G docs and share it with your
team. They can make changes online and you can see exactly who has
done what. Plus it's designed to make sure no one overwrites any
one else who's on the doc at the same time
Meanwhile you can have a direct link to the doc(s) in your
Dooster task - so you can keep them organized in Dooster.