User Issue - Calendar Integration

atm

16 May, 2013 05:13 PM

I was able to make a new account. I was able to to add a user and confirm it. I clicked google settings and chose to integrate calendar and docs.
I try to log into the users account with google and it trys to make a a new dooster account. I made a login/pw for her and that works. Why doesn't the google sign on work when I'm logged in as her to google? This is far better than a couple of days ago when I could assign anything to myself after having 2 users. What did happen was I invited user via domain email address and then I confirmed it. Then I google signed in once (I'm not sure the order of events of here, I was being very careful though). Bottom line is Dooster allowed me to create 2 users with the same email address but different usernames (again, this time it was her and not me). Also this time I didn't delete both but only the one I didn't purposely create. So, she can login with username/pw but not google sign on like I can. Both users (hers and mine) have Google calendar integration permissions set. I'm testing this and made due dates but I am unable to see these reflected in either calendar. I have the sync set to 0. Is this the issue? Both users are in same time zone. Is there a time lag? It's been about an hour now.
Thanks so much Dooster!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by ed on 16 May, 2013 05:27 PM

Hi Alexa

Ok thanks for trying us out again. And sorry about the issues. I'm not exactly sure what's going wrong - and while signing up and adding people usually works OK the fact you're having ANY issues is our fault not yours. (So let me know if you think we should add anything in the setup process etc...)

OK to address the specific issues:

I was able to make a new account.

I think this was from dooster.net ie not Google right?

I try to log into the users account with google and it trys to make a new dooster account. I'm assuming I made a login/pw for her and that works. Why doesn't the google sign on work when I'm logged in as her to google?

... because I assume you created the new account via dooster.net ie not Google right?... which is why

she can login with username/pw but not google sign on like I can.

Check this article https://dooster.tenderapp.com/kb/google-integration-syncing/adding-...

Both users (hers and mine) have Google calendar integration permissions set. I'm testing this and made due dates but I am unable to see these reflected in either calendar.

If you cant see tasks added in Dooster in your Dooster calendar then check this

https://dooster.tenderapp.com/kb/troubleshooting/cannot-see-task-on...

There can be a delay from Google to Dooster. But Dooster to Google is usually instant

OK thanks again Alexa. Please let us know how as and wehn you have further questions / issues

Ed

2. 2 Posted by Alexa T. Manza on 16 May, 2013 11:19 PM

Ed,
    I added two users more users and one of them is messed up. The only way I can get her into her account is if she's a) logged into Google b) clicks on the invitation link sent to her email account from dooster when I added her as a user. If she tries to login via google account single sign on dooster wants to make her a new account. If she logs in via the username and password we get an Oops screen and she can't get the interface. The user is Corey Nihlean and her email is [email blocked]. How is her account different from Joe Roddy [email blocked]? They were created at the same time under my login and Joe can login via username/password (only). I logged into a computer that has never used google sign in and logged in as her and I have the same issue.
    Thank you for working on this. If we can get people logged in then we are golden because the Google Calendar integrated! It sends notices, it's in calendar so everyone under the domain can see it, things are looking up.
    Best, Alexa

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by ed on 17 May, 2013 08:43 AM

Thanks Alexa

Before we look into this further we'd need to know

I was able to make a new account.

Did you create the account from dooster.net or from Google?

Thanks ed

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac