Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

jafisher

06 May, 2013 08:41 PM

Hi,
I have 166 of these in my account "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" and I cannot get rid of about half of them. How do I get them removed from my account?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sue on 06 May, 2013 09:08 PM

Sorry about that

Looking into it now

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by John on 06 May, 2013 10:03 PM

Hi

Can you please forward an example of one of these emails - as an attachment ie so we can see the header

thanks John

3. 3 Posted by jafisher on 06 May, 2013 10:41 PM

I have attached a screen shot and a short video. I hope it helps.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by John on 07 May, 2013 03:22 PM

Thank you for describing the bug so well

here is what our developer reported

Any "Undelivered Mail Return to Sender" tasks that appear in a user's Dooster account mean that one or more of their users has an invalid e-mail address, and that notifications from the tasklists and project e-mails are getting bounced back, which results in these unwanted tasks.

I would recommend he find the account linked to the e-mail address [email blocked] and change the address. That should stop any more being created. He should be able to delete them using the group actions tool.

I was unable to recreate the white box issue in my browser -- when clicking on the e-mail it simply loads as an e-mail would. I can only assume that the particular one he was clicking on was very large and taking a long time to load

I have however found the cause of his deletion issues -- because the account is linked with Google, and the messages in particular do not belong to a project, it meant that the Google deletion process got confused when trying to remove. A fix for this will go live tomorrow morning, after which point he should be able to bulk delete them by going to Search, searching for Undelivered Mail and ticking all, then choosing "Delete" in the drop down menu.

Again as per my earlier comment, to prevent any more of these, he needs to find the account with the faulty e-mail address and change it, otherwise they're just going to keep getting bounced back.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac