I didn't want ALL 6,000 of my google contacts in Dooster! how do I delete them?~!

kenny

11 Sep, 2012 10:15 PM

I didn't want ALL 6,000 of my google contacts in Dooster! how do I delete them?~!

I don't want to delete my account OR go through each individually!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 11 Sep, 2012 10:55 PM

Hi Kenny

Please see this related discussion that should help you

https://dooster.tenderapp.com/discussions/suggestions/74-mass-delet...

Thnaks

2. 2 Posted by kenny on 12 Sep, 2012 11:33 PM

Hi John, That was helpful, except I don't know what Google email account I used originally and that account is now disconnected. How do I find out what account was originally used to sync with Google? Then I can re-sync that account, then delete the Google contacts.

Also, who can see those contacts?

Best,
    ~ Kenny

C: 206.498.5270

3. 3 Posted by kenny on 13 Sep, 2012 05:49 PM

Hi Ed! I need an answer to this asap :)

Best,
    ~ Kenny

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:01 PM
    To: 'john'
    Subject: RE: I didn't want ALL 6,000 of my Google contacts in Dooster! how do I delete them?~! [Problems]

Hi John, That was helpful, except I don't know what Google email account I used originally and that account is now disconnected. How do I find out what account was originally used to sync with Google? Then I can re-sync that account, then delete the Google contacts.

Also, who can see those contacts?

Best,
    ~ Kenny

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by John on 13 Sep, 2012 06:50 PM

Hi Kenny

Apologies for the delay - and thanks for reminding us

We asked one of our top guys and he said

No, unfortunately there isn't, although when he disconnected his account from Google it should have deleted all of his Google contacts if I remember the feature correctly, so it indicates to me that he hasn't done this.

Once a Google account has been disassociated with a Dooster account (via unchecking all of the sync options) there's no way we can tell what account was used. Actually come to think of it I don't think there a way we can tell the e-mail address of the Google account being used even when it is synced, just the appropriate authorisation token originally given to us by Google.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by John on 13 Sep, 2012 06:51 PM

Sorry i meant to add: Kenny might it not be the same email address you got sent the welcome emails from Dooster when you signed up?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac