Email I sent my team advising of our new Project Manager

Craig

28 Jan, 2013 10:23 AM

I thought you might be interested to see how I've advised my team of the move to using Dooster (We're migrating an existing project onto it)

Hi XXXX

Further to the increasing comms issues we discussed last week I have now looked at several project managers and the best one for us seems to be Dooster - not the best name but it's easy to use and does everything we need. So let's use it to coordinate the work from now on.

I have just signed up and created a project called "XXXX

We can copy emails into the project - so we don't forget about them.

We can assign each other tasks from the project

Any task is also sent by email. This means you don't actually ever need to log into Dooster. You'll still get everything by email. But it might be useful for you to see everything in one place with priorities and due dates all neatly laid out.

(The point is that using a project manager like this is much better than relying only on emails - which can get lost and are hard to prioritize).

I will go through the existing emails particularly the major summary one we did recently and break them down into individual tasks. So don't be surprised to see these threads broken up as new tasks, assigned to you - which you'll get by email

This way everything will be easier to track and progress should be better

Please let me know if you have any questions

Thanks

Craig

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 28 Jan, 2013 10:53 AM

Craig that is great ! Thank you so much.

Can we copy this over to the Knowledge Base? ie encourage people to copy it?

Do you mind?

Thanks

John

2. 2 Posted by Craig on 28 Jan, 2013 03:34 PM

Sure you can. Glad to be of help

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 May, 2024 05:38 AM
23 Aug, 2023 03:42 AM
23 Jul, 2023 09:59 AM