multiple notes

Dave

05 Jan, 2013 03:28 PM

I use “notes” a lot in other GTD/Task managers. I need to be able to create stacks of notes within a project. Miscellaneous sticky notes if you will. I don’t want my notes necessarily attached to a task, as they go away when the task is complete. How can I make notes persistent in a project? I see you have a general note for a project (a single note), but I don’t see the ability to create multiple notes.

Dooster checks all the boxes for me, but the notes issue might be a deal killer. Can you advise?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by ed on 05 Jan, 2013 04:32 PM

I'm not sure if this will address your needs - it depends on what you mean by a "note"... But I sometimes use the project "Discussions" feature to make misc notes

Please see https://dooster.tenderapp.com/kb/more-features-extras/discussions

I also use tasks themselves very much as notes. For example I am planning a project right now and while researching online am pasting URLs and sundry notes into tasks. am dividing these into various Task Lists eg "Research"... "Possible Sales Points"... and so on. I will come back to these later and either build up those tasks or move the "note" to somewhere better or just "complete" it...

I also use task Moving or even Cloning to preserve tasks that are no longer valid in Project A but that I want to store for future ref

Hope that helps... but as I said it really depends on what you mean by "notes"

Thanks again

Best wishes

ed

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 May, 2024 05:38 AM
23 Aug, 2023 03:42 AM
23 Jul, 2023 09:59 AM