I'm a partner in a law firm

Stephen

29 Mar, 2016 06:37 PM

I'm a partner in a law firm with several lawyers and several staff members.

A major challenge has been to find software that can organize the administration of the firm as well as helping to simplify legal tasks and break them down into a format so that they can be used by non-lawyers.

I've struggled for years to come up with some kind of a practical reminder program and task manager. In Dooster we have found a solution to both of those problems.

You have a truly great product and I will recommend you to everyone I know who runs a business

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 30 Mar, 2016 08:51 AM

Thank you Stephen

Appreciate your kind comments

Best wishes
    John

2. 2 Posted by John P. on 22 Jun, 2016 02:49 AM

Hello Stephen. I am also a lawyer, and I have also struggled with a reminder / task / delegation system. I have tried about ten different systems, but nothing (so far) has fit my needs. I am about to start a trial of Dooster. So far, it looks like exactly what I've been searching for. I am struggling a bit regarding how to best set it up, so I ran a few searches and stumbled upon your post.

Did you set up each matter/file as a separate project? What about administrative and non-client projects? It seems like the easiest way to organize it would be to have separate projects for everything, but that will push me into the highest priced plan. I'm fine with that if it gives me my sanity back, but I want to make sure there's not an easier, less expensive way to approach it.

Thanks!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by John on 22 Jun, 2016 08:09 AM

Hello John

Just to say that re your administrative and non-client projects you can easily hide these from clients / outsiders with the permissions system.

Basically; if you don't have a client / outsider in a project they cannot see it.

By "in a project" I mean as one of the Team members or Project managers

You can bring people in or remove them at anytime using the Project / People screen

Hope that helps

Best wishes

John

PS We are considering doing a legal version of Dooster soon whereby Projects will be called "Cases" and so on

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

04 Jan, 2018 10:48 AM
13 Dec, 2017 12:24 PM
16 Nov, 2017 10:46 AM