Is it possible to copy a project WITH TAGS?

tavie

14 Dec, 2013 10:02 PM

I do the same project over and over for different clients. I need to have a project template that has tasks assigned to generic roles (Data Lead, IT Lead, etc.) and then once I've copied the template, I put people's names into the roles for that project, it auto-populates them into the tasks assigned to that role. I understand this isn't how Dooster works, so I'm using Tags to accomplish the goal. I have a project set up as my template, tasks in it, and each task has a tag that tells me which role it should be assigned to. Once I copy the project I can then multi-select and mass assign those tasks to the new contact I've added to my Dooster address book. BUT...
QUESTION: HOW DO I CREATE A NEW PROJECT FROM A TEMPLATE WITH TAGS AND HAVE THE TAGS SHOW UP IN THE NEW PROJECT FROM THE TEMPLATE? Everything seems to come through except the tags. Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 17 Dec, 2013 10:28 AM

Hi Tavie

Apologies this emailm reply from Ed a couple of days ago also went missing:

Hi Tavie

Have you also checked task statuses? That may help you aswell

Meanwhile re tags: these arent copied over with templates
    Let me look into whether we can set that up - it seems like a good idea

Thanks ed

2. 2 Posted by tavie on 30 Dec, 2013 10:06 PM

Hi guys!

As I was showing my bosses the results of my research using Dooster, I noticed that the tags are now copying over when I create a new project from my template (that has tags). That's great! I'm assuming y'all made the change since I asked earlier and that was not one of the items that came over. Does that qualify for the 6 free months of a paid plan as an implemented suggestion? :-)

If not, no problem. I just entered a bunch more needs, so there will be other opportunities.

Thanks!
    Tavie.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by John on 30 Dec, 2013 10:54 PM

Hi Tavie

That was more of a bug. We had already implemented it but it wasn't working. Sorry ;-)

Thanks John

4. tavie closed this discussion on 30 Dec, 2013 11:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 May, 2024 05:38 AM
23 Aug, 2023 03:42 AM
23 Jul, 2023 09:59 AM