False error message ?

Dirk

22 May, 2014 10:18 AM

Hello

I like very much the way I can email in to the tool and assign the task to my team. But I got this message. Tom does exist. Am I doing something wrong?

Sorry, but Dooster encountered some errors whilst processing the action tags you specified for the following task:

Fwd: Bug re new product

The errors were:

assign - Failed to find asignee "Tom"

Your task was still processed and added to Dooster successfully.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 22 May, 2014 10:25 AM

Hi Dirk

Sorry about the issue.

This feature is working fine on our test accounts.

What sometimes happens is that you may CC or BCC the email into another dooster account where the team member might not exist.

The way to check this is first look in the dooster account where Tom does exist. If the emailed task is indeed assigned to him then it's working.

Also look at the "From" email in that error message. Is it the same account? If not then that's probably why you're getting the error message...

Hope that makes sense

Thanks John

2. 2 Posted by Dirk on 22 May, 2014 11:14 AM

Aha !! Yes you are correct. The error email was sent from another account.

My bad. But thank you for your very fast help. I really like this tool. The best one I found and I looked around a LOT

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac