Bug Report #2

Jessica Yang

02 May, 2014 12:03 AM

Hi,

I am reporting that the due date box does not work. All my tasks have dependencies and when I select the due date box and press Save, the Waiting for Parent does not appear immediately after. Instead a due date would appear, even different from the first. I have to go in again and create a due date or just go in and save, then the Waiting for Parent does finally appear. There must be a bug in the system for this to occur.

Please see attached.

1) I was in the Projects Tasks section
2) I was adding new tasks in a task list, eg. Employee Liability Recon-GL#205004-Accrued Employee Commissions Payable
3) I was checking off the due dates box for all the dependent tasks
4) After finishing, the due date area has a due date that is even different then the parent task and does not read Waiting for Parent as it should.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 02 May, 2014 07:48 AM

Hi Jessica.

Is this happening on the old - pre fix - tasks?

Thanks John

2. 2 Posted by Jessica Yang on 06 May, 2014 06:34 PM

Hi John,

No, the issue was happening at the time I was creating my tasks which is dated 4/29/14.

Thanks,
    Jessica

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by John on 06 May, 2014 07:07 PM

OK thanks for responding

We will investigate

Best wishes

John

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by John on 07 May, 2014 08:46 AM

Hi Jessica

re >3) I was checking off the due dates box for all the dependent tasks

Can you confirm how you were doing this? eg were you opening each task and doing it there?

or by opening the due date pop up from the task list by clicking on the due date, and then closing it?

or ?

Thanks John

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by John on 07 May, 2014 09:39 AM

Hi again

actually please ignore that; Our coder reports

"Have tested this now and based on my understanding of what's being reported - this isn't a bug, but I'm suspecting user confusion.

I need to know the order they are doing what they're doing -- exact steps.

I suspect a few scenarios here, but here's the most likely:

• Creating all of the tasks first (e.g. Parent, Child 1, Child 2, Child 3) so they all appear in the list.
    • Opening Parent task and adding child tasks, then automatically expecting the children to appear as "Waiting For Parent" .... they won't since the system won't automatically assume they're waiting for parents.

Unless the child task is specifically set to become due after the parent task is completed, it is allowed to have it's own due date.

I may be mistaken (if so I need clarification of exactly what the user is doing) but I believe the above is what's happening. I've checked the system now to ensure that my original suspicion (the dates are being overwritten by the date popup) is not correct (it isn't - it's not possible) .. so the above is the only thing I can assume is happening at this stage."

@Jessica. Please advise if... re >I may be mistaken (if so I need clarification of exactly what the user is doing

Thanks

6. 6 Posted by Jessica Yang on 07 May, 2014 07:57 PM

Hi John,

I actually check off that due date box when I am creating a new task. This is what I do when I create a new task:

step 1: I click the Add button
    step 2: Enter Subject line
    step 3: Enter Description
    step 4: Choose Assigned to person
    step 5: choose the Importance and Urgency
    step 6: choose the start time and due date times
    step 7: Click more Options
    step 8: Click Recurring
    step 9: Choose Monthly (for recons)
    step 10: Click on Dependencies
    step 11: choose Dependent on
    step 12: Check off Due date box
    step 13: Click Save
    step 14: Click Save and Add Another or Click Save and Close

The first task is the parent task, which would not have steps 10-12. All children tasks will be added after the parent task and will include all the above steps.

Thanks,

Jessica

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by John on 07 May, 2014 08:51 PM

OK thanks Jessica

We're looking into it now

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Report_Bug_2.docx 882 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac